General Energy is an active and growing company dedicated to
contributing to the economy in Northwestern Pennsylvania by utilizing
dedicated workers interested in a career in the Appalachian Basin. We
hire qualified individuals to ensure our oil and natural gas
exploration and production efforts are completed successfully and in an
environmentally sensitive manner.
candidates can learn more about our current employment opportunities by
clicking on the links to the right. Please check back often as our
Employment Opportunities page will be updated as positions become
For more information, please contact our human resources department
Budget and Financial Analysis Accountant
The Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining cash flow projections on a monthly basis.
This entails reporting of reconciling sources and uses of cash, and projecting future sources and uses to determine monthly, quarterly and annual needs.
- Responsible to analyze and perform changes in the monthly forecast.
- Annually prepares and maintains general and administrative, and operating expense budget. This requires interactions with department managers to compare and reconcile monthly reports.
- Assists interdepartmental managers in the review of budget reports and budget forecasts.
- Periodically reviews the entries in the general ledger, to assure accuracy and compliance with the established rules and principles of general and cost accounting.
- Periodically reviews inventory transactions, codes, parameters, etc. to assure accuracy with the established rules and principles of general and cost accounting.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and owners' equity.
- Works closely with top management on the preparation and the completion of the annual working budget.
- Prepares monthly statements of financial position and summarizes quarterly and annually.
- Assists with month-end closings and the preparation of financial statements for management review.
- Assists in the preparation of financial and statistical reports as required.
- Assists in the preparation for financial and/or tax audits.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Business Administration degree with a major in Accounting
- Strong analytical background
- Three to five years practical experience in accounting profession with prior budget experience
- Experience in cost accounting environment is desired
The Reservoir Engineer is responsible for thoroughly understanding both conventional and unconventional reservoirs within the company asset base
in order to justify and optimize future development plans. This requires the ability to evaluate rock, fluid and production data, to perform reservoir modeling
studies and to apply results towards economic evaluations.
- Responsible to performing reservoir and field level studies of existing producing assets to assess the full value of these conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
- Responsible for maintaining a corporate reserves database and generating a quarterly reserves report for management. Develop a resource model for all acreage not included in the reserves database.
- Responsible generating production forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Generates economic evaluations of company assets and provides recommendations for development planning and budgeting, factoring in current pricing and market conditions.
- Performs reservoir simulation studies to analyze well production and to develop reservoir optimization techniques.
- Develops cost-effective reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs. Acquires and analyzes the necessary data to sufficiently define reservoir characteristics including PTA and decline curve analysis.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering. Specialized coursework in petroleum economics, reservoir rock properties, reservoir flooding and reservoir rock characteristics helpful.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a similar role within the natural gas industry, preferably with unconventional reservoirs.
- Experience with Reserves Reporting, including SEC & PRMS reserve booking regulations.
- Experience with ARIES and Fekete software experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineering Certification a plus.
If you: meet the qualifications and want to work for an extraordinary company, we would like to speak with you.
To apply, send your resume, attached as a word document to: email@example.com or by mail: Pennsylvania General Energy, Attn. HR, 120 Market Street, Warren, PA 16365.
Please select and fill out a PGE Application:
Equal Opportunity Employer